Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day Spa Ownership

When you think of a person who owns a day spa what comes to mind first?   "They are lucky?", "Wow, they have it made?", "I bet they get to have this done to to them ALL the time?"

My name is Samantha Willis.  I am an Owner/Esthetician/Reiki Practitioner at Rigenerante Day Spa & Salon in Leawood, KS.   I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, coworker, and advocate of human compassion. Lifes experiances teach me everyday in all forms. Boy are there a variety in which they come.  My dedication and love for what I do and who I help, gets me through even the toughest of times.  We all have diversity and adversity to deal with throughout our lifetimes but for me, I embrace those moments as learning experiences that will enable me to push forward and strive for a better tomorrow.  As an owner of a Day Spa & Salon my concerns and care for the clientele and my employees are first and foremost each and every day. 

Ensuring client satisfaction to the highest level and compassion for my service providers needs, is always a priority.  Clients need to be recognised, loved, and pampered because this industry is about them.  They need reassurance that they are beautiful because they are beautiful inside and out.  They need to talk, destress, confide, relax, and embrace themselves for the small amount of time that they have here.  It is a time for reflection, a time for solitude, for taking that small moment for themselves and themselves only.  In this world we are constantly giving.  We deplete from ourselves to others all day long.  We give to our spouses, our children, our extended families, our careers, our debtors, our teachers, our neighbors, our stresses, and to our health.  It is my devotion to their needs that comes first and I am honored to be able to provided that level of whole heartedness. 

My employees (or as I like to refer to them) my colleagues, have a very special place in my heart.  Not only are they the true success of this business, they are what gives life to what we do here.  Each and everyone of them are so very talented in their own unique ways. The person sitting at the front desk, answers the phones, greets & checks out clients, files, cleans, schedules, and ensures that the level of hospitality never falters. They are too often in this industry forgotten and taken for granted.  They are the fundamentals of our business and without them, we would not succeed.  My Massage Therapists and Estheticians alike, take the time to listen to the needs of others all day, every day.  They care about what medications your on because they want for your health as a whole, to take priority over any service that we may offer.  They love what they do and most importantly, they love what they do for you!  My Cosmetologists and Nail Technicians have pride and precision in even the smallest amount of detail that is needed for your hair color, cut, or nail design. They have a flair for life and not everyone has that special gift.  The staff here is phenomenal.  They support their patrons and their teammates alike, and for that I am eternally grateful.

So when I ask myself "what comes to mind when you think of a person who owns a Day Spa", my answer is and will always be...........BLESSED!    

No comments:

Post a Comment